BBA from PES University
Duration : 3 Years
Affiliation : PES University
Admissions through PESSAT Entrance Exam, know more
Advantage of PES:
- Amongst Top 20 private B-Schools In India (Survey conducted by Careers 360)
- Extremely competent faculty with relevant industry experience
- PES University is the second most preferred destination next to IIMB for B-School aspirants (Times of India)
- Industry exposure through effective relevant internships
The BBA degree is designed to teach students the skills necessary to assume leadership roles in the business and corporate world.
To provide high quality professional education to the management students
- To facilitate and to acquire entrepreneurial or self-employment positions
- To prepare them to hold positions as junior executives at the entry level itself in the organization
- To meet the managerial challenges of the 21st century
- To conduct outbound training in the areas of management
- To design the syllabi and devise a methodology to enable students to grasp major disciplines both structural and functional management areas
- To focus on the holistic development of the student’s personality with conceptual, analytical and communication skills.
- To supplement with more number of guest lectures from industry experts and consultants.
- To infuse young minds with a positive attitude for exemplary performance and committed service to the society.
- To develop independent thinking by each student.
- To conduct more number of students – industry interface.
- To facilitate entrepreneurial and self employment positions.
Plan of action
- Industrial visits shall be conducted within Bangalore every semester. Two visits shall be organized subject to resources availability.
- Internships are a hands – on experience and exposure to the students undertaken during the summer and winter vacations for 3-4 weeks.
- Internship is mandatory for all the students from 3rd semester onwards.
- Internal Exam- Two internal examinations namely first internals (mid semester) and pre-final (closing semester) shall be conducted in a semester. Attendance is compulsory.
- VISTAS is a management competition festival conducted by the students supported by the department of BBA. Over 40 colleges across India come to PES to join the celebration of knowledge. This is held during August – September every year.
- EWD – Extended Weekday programs are conducted by the department. Every Wednesday is assigned for EWD, where students are given an opportunity to express their talents in varied areas such as music, dance and other cultural aspects.
- CAT/GMAT -Coaching-is offered by reputed private institutions like TIME, IMS, and Career Launcher within the campus at a discounted fee structure.
- Placements – Opportunities in the corporate sector are made available for outgoing students during their final semester for which professional is imparted. Students are expected to have good academic records to ensure a definite placement.
- ESTAFIO – Annual sports competition is conducted by the students support by the department. Sports day happens tentatively during the month of March – April every year.
- External management competition – Students are allowed and encouraged to participate in the competition both cultural and academic held at various colleges across India all through the year.
- Guest Lectures – Eminent corporate personalities shall visit the students to share their real time field experiences on various management subjects.
- Online Course – Students are also offered value added certificate courses in their field of specialization .i.e marketing, HR, finance by recognized and reputed organization.
- Social service – The students are encouraged and motivated to become a responsible citizen through various activities addressing social causes as a member of the students social responsibility club.
1. Communication for Managers
2. Kannada/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/English/ French
3. Fundamentals of Accounting
4. Quantitative Methods for Business – I
5. Business Economics
6. Management Theory & Practice
7. English Language Lab
8. Tally Lab- 1
1. Organizational Behaviour
2. Quantitative Methods for Business – II
3. Digital Transformation Strategy
4. Corporate Accounting
5. Production & Operations Management
6. Marketing Management
7. Computer Lab
8. Tally Lab – 2
1. International Business
2. Entrepreneurship Development
3. Cost & Management Accounting
4. Management of Human Capital
5. Financial Management
6. Business Regulation
7. HCM Lab
8. FM Lab
1. Taxation – 1
2. Digital Marketing
3. Project Management
4. Supply Chain Management
5. DM Lab
6. PM Laba
1. Taxation -2
2. Research Methods
3. Management Information System
4. Strategic Management
5. Advance Spreadsheet Lab
6. Strategic Simulation Lab
6 Semester (12 Credits)
1. Society & value System (2)
2. Managing for Sustainability (2)
3. Project Work (8)
Marketing: Sales Management / Consumer Behavior / Brand Management/Retail Management /Advertising & Media Management /International Marketing Management
Finance: Financial Markets & Institutions / Investment & Portfolio Management /Strategic Financial Management/ Financial Derivatives & Commodities/International Finance/Investment Banking
HCM: Innovations in HR Practice /Strategic HCM /Organizational Change & Development/ Management of Industrial Relations/Labour & Social Security Laws/Compensation Management
IB: Foreign Trade Policy /Global Business Environment /Global Marketing/ Global HCM/International Financial Management /International Logistics Management
Family Business & Entrepreneurship: Essentials of Family Business Management/Managing Innovations/Social Entrepreneurship Management / Entrepreneurship Marketing & Analytics/Understanding Family Business – Managing Paradoxes/Professionalization of Family Business
- *Elective – I (Any two during each of IV and V Semester)
- Minor Courses which can be opted by BBA students includes Courses in Law and Economics
Others Salient features of BBA@PES includes…
- International Internships in association with – Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA & AIESEC
- MOOC’s – An initiative by PES in collaboration with IIM-B
- Aistar (For specialized skills)
- DISHA – Self Transformation skills