Finance Club – FinCrescita
- The Finance Club – FinCrescita is a student driven initiative to provide a platform for students to improve their quantitative and analytical thinking abilities. The club is a hub of knowledge for career progress. The club attempts the students to take the entry to the professional world. The club organizes activities and provides an avenue for members to exchange and enrich their knowledge. The finance club promotes finance related activities and careers throughout, with events such as the simulated trading game, focused workshop, Industry Institute interactions, Career growth in skill enhancement, resume reviews, mock interview, guidelines etc. to assist members in evaluating careers in finance and identifying current career opportunities, extend the practical finance education with job-specific knowledge and connect members with alumni and other finance professionals. Various activities like Business Quiz ,Debate on Current Issues, Group Discussion, Mock Interviews, On-line Trading Competition, Sector Wise Stock Analysis, Word Frisk, Finance Collage, Finagram – Unscramble, Bull – Kynle.
COTERIE- THE HR CLUB
- Coterie- the HR club, is a small family at PES University which shares an unparalleled passion for Human Resources and Organisational behaviour. The pursuit of this family is to create an environment where its members can dwell into engaging discussions on contemporary HR issues.
MARKOMAD – Marketing Club
- Marketing Club consist of students interested in marketing specialization. Lot of creative activities ware planned in this club. All these activities created an impact on students.
- PES University started exclusive live stock market training for its MBA students in the year 2015. It’s known as “PES INVESTMENT CLUB”. Under this imitative 30 students actively participated, all of them opened their DMAT and trading accounts. Students were provided with corpus fund from the college management to get practical trading experience. Each student was allocated Rs 20000 as scholarship (seed money). The students ware constantly trained and mentored on live market trading by our faculty Mr. Vinay V C. They managed the portfolio on themselves. A total of 60 plus interested students registered for this club.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship club
- PES University, MBA department has set up a “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Club” with an objective to identify innovative business plans in MBA students and help incubate the same.
Skill Development Labs
- DADM Lab
- Basic Accounting Lab
- Marketing Lab
- Project Management Tools Lab
- Ace Analyzer
- Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2016-17
- Strategic Management Lab
- TCS iON ERP Lab
- Management Information System Lab (Batch: 2014 – 16)
- Business Analytics Lab (Starts for Batch 2015 – 17)
- IBM Data Analytics Lab
Placements PESU Batch
|1. Companies Visited||49|
|2. Students Eligible||172|
- Good number of Alumni attended Bi-Annual Alumni meets on Independence Day and Republic Day. In addition to these three meetings, department has organized Three Alumni Meets on 19th Sept 2015, 10th Oct 2016 and 6th Dec 2015.
- In order to form Alumni Association, Alumni have been invited to discuss and formulate By-Laws, objectives and other issues related to Alumni Association. Twenty Alumni attended the first meeting headed by Dean – Faculty of Management Studies Dr. B N Balaji Singh. Department Chairperson Dr. R K Gopal, Alumni Coordinator Dr. Anitha S Yadav, and faculty of MBA along with few students have attended the meeting.
- At the outset of the meetings, Alumni Association name have been finalized, By-Laws have been created, and responsibilities of office bearers have been charted.
- Registration of Alumni Association, Identification of Office bearers, and membership registrations are success.
- SIASTRA 2K16 is a Management Fest which is unique in its concept from other management fest conducted by various management Institutes in India
- The teams ware invited across the India from different UG and PG Management institutes. Each team consisted of a maximum of nine participants.
Faculty Development Programs (FDPs)
“Academic Rishi and New knowledge Creation”
“Academic Rishi and New knowledge Creation“. is a Faculty development Program targeted to enhance their creative skills in research. Dr. Subhash Sharma is the chief mentor for this program.
“Two Day Faculty Development Program on Application of Econometrics in Financial Research ”
This is a program aimed at enriching and enhancing the knowledge of the Participant in Application of Econometrics in Financial Research.
“Application of Econometrics in Financial Research ”
The faculty development program (FDP) is designed to enlighten the skills in financial analysis of the research scholars, faculty members and finance professionals working in various corporate’s. This is an attempt of sharpening the saw. The financial econometrics is an area of study which integrates finance, economics, probability, statistics and applied mathematics. The financial econometrics is an active area of research of present era.
- To become aware of the recent trends in financial research,
- To familiarize with the various economic tools.
- To get the hands-on experience in using the tools of financial research.
Post Liberalisation Dynamics – Challenges and Opportunities
- A FDP programme was conducted on 16th & 17th Sept 2016 by Dr. Xavier V K, Professor, PES University. This is a survey tool which helps the faculty doing research to send their questioner to the targeted audience. Further it also helps in Data analysis, teaching and learning assessment
Focus Group Discussion
Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2016-17
- A Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2016 was organised on 12th March, 2016 for II Semester MBA Students. Mr. V.K.Dikshit, President, KASSIA gave an overview of the budget and highlights of start-up funding. Mr. Deepak Jain, Director, Accolet Advisors spoke on Goods and service tax and its impact on Indian economy and common man. Ms. Kanchan Dinakar, Technical Director, KPMG, spoke about changes made in personal and corporate tax proposals in the current budget. She also provided insights on International Corporate Tax.
International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- A International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work was organised on 3rd Sept 2016. Mr. Vasanth Kumar Hittangi, Retired Joint Labor Commissioner, Government of Karnataka will be the Chief Guest and deliver the Keynote address.
Perspectives of Anti-Corruption
- A Brainstorming session on “Perspectives of Anti-Corruption” was organised on 20th Aug 2016. Dr. Kalpana Gopalan, Principal Secretary, DPAR (Training) & Director General, A T I, Government of Karnataka, will deliver the inaugural address. Dr. A. Ravindra, Chairman, I S E C & S C I F, Former Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka will be the Chief Guest and deliver the Keynote address.
Best Project Competition
PRAKALPA – 2016
- “Prakalpa ” is one of the major annual event of PES University where the students, departments of Engineering , Science and Humanistic, Computer science and Management showcasing their projects, achievements, activities and best practices. Various industries are also being participated in the event since many years.
- In keeping with the motto of “education for the real world” the students demonstrated their ability to go beyond raw concepts and abstract ideas. The annual event featured practical implementation of path breaking ideas in the form of projects successfully completed by students of all branches. The best projects were selected based on the creative component and practical utility. A walk through the venue showed once again that the students like every year have put in their best efforts to push the envelope. The enthusiasm of the participants showed that the creative spirit can make a difference like nothing else.
- The event was scheduled on 30th January 2016. IBM, TCS, Shreya Learning Ltd., (Digital Marketing), Sixthwall, Sound basics and SAS are participated in the event. These organizations have associated with the PES University and deputed the executives to demonstrate their services
- This year there was 5 cubicles are made under the given space of 20 X 26 Meters. The event was inaugurated at 9.30 am and judges have visited to all the stalls.
- In the MBA Department stall, all activities, research progress, Faculty achievements, Students achievements, many initiatives are projected. The Prakalpa team has prepared 32 posters projecting the Department, Faculty, students achievements as well as best students projects of the previous year, Lean Manufacturing Consultancy and the placement information for the sake of projections.
- In the Business skill lab stall, Sixthwal, Sound basics and TCS lab were demonstrated.
- In the IBM Stall Big data Analytics procedure were demonstrated.
- In the SAS stall, they have projected their services.
- In the Digital Marketing stall, they have projected online education system and related services
- Students also demonstrate the stock market trading, Spin wheel quiz, Proposed Syastra, Achievements and awards etc.,
- Majority of the visitors visited the MBA Stalls and express their appreciation and satisfaction. Majority visitors gave the positive feedback about the overall.
- 3 students’ projects were selected as best projects (one each from the stream). They are Mr. Dharnesh from Finance, Mr Rohith Singh from Marketing and Ms Veena Bugati from HR. Dharnesh got First Prize and received Cash award of Rs. 5000.
- The event was winded up at 4.30 p.m.
On field Researches
- Our MBA Students have visited PES Medical College Kuppam during 2nd to 5th March, 2016 and conducted a research in and around Kuppam about the services rented by the hospital in that area. And in that survey they studied various aspects such as responses from Public, Doctors and stake holders.
- Detailed Report has been submitted to management of PES Medical College and the whole event was a great Success.
- High Court Visit
- High Court visit was organised between 30th November 2015- 3rd December 2015. Students of I semester MBA in a batch of 60 each were taken to high court to observe the court proceedings .One faculty member accompanied the students on all days. There were some good cases that were called for hearing on those days and students got a good opportunity to have a feel of the atmosphere and also observe the conduct of the court. Ms. Rekha H Aranha, Ms. Prakruti N udupa and Mr. Vinay V C accompanied students for this activity.
- Industrial Visits
- Industrial Visit was organized in the month of August 2016 to I Semester students. Students have visited to Toyota, NGO’s and Coca- Cola. The student’s teams ware formed and they visited to different organizations or NGO’s in this industrial. This was a great learning experience to students.
- Company: TaeguTec India Pvt Ltd
- Industrial Visit was organized on 27th April 2016 to II Semester students. Students have visited to TaeguTec India Pvt. Ltd. This was a great learning experience to students.
CSR / SSR
- ISCKON-AKSHAYAPATRA SURVEY
- We have undertaken Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSAT) Akshayapatra Foundation of ISCKON. Forty students of 2nd semester were involved in the research and conducted surveys at various schools in Bellary, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore and Mysore Regions.
- In Total around 3000 Students and Parents were been interviewed as part of this survey covering around 900 schools over a period of one week.
- Detailed survey reports were been submitted to Akshayapatra Management at the end of this survey.
- Summanahalli Leprosarium
- Financial Analysis
- Department has taken up the task of Financial Analysis of NGO for the financial years 2008-09 to 2012-13. Study was undertaken by Prof. GVM Sharma, Prof, KV Sridhar and Prof. Radhakrishna
- Analyses of various ratios unique to the NGO in particular were referred to during the study. The financial performance based on the analysis was prepared
- Digitalization of leprosy patients’ data
- Our students are undertaking the Digitalization of leprosy patients’ data. These data was maintained manually. This is an ongoing project and students of First and Third Semester are involved in this activity.
- Financial Analysis