The Ph.D programme in the PESU Faculty of Management encourages meritorious student to pursue research in the field of Management. The course work provides theoretical and empirical exposure pertaining to different aspects of research. The research scholars can take up research in the contemporary areas of in different disciplines of management like General Management, Operations Research, Lean Manufacturing, Marketing, HRM, Finance, Sustainable Business, Entrepreneurship and MIS.
Duration : Period
Minimum: 3 years
Maximum: 6 years
Extra: 2 yr. @6 months extensions
Minimum Qualification :
- Ph.D.: PG and UG degrees with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA) at both levels.
- UG Direct Admission: 70 % aggregate marks + research experience & output.
- Direct Ph.D.: 4-year UG degree having at least 70% aggregate marks (or equivalent GPA) and demonstrated research credentials.
- M.Sc. (Engg) by Research : UG degree in engineering with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA).
- M.Phil.: PG and UG degrees in science with at least 60% marks (or equivalent GPA) at both levels.
- Reservation Categories: 10% relaxation Distance Education Degrees: not recognized
Candidates awaiting final semester PG/UG results are also eligible to apply. Minimum percentage of marks for candidate belonging to SC / ST / Category-I / Physically challenged and any other reserved category as notified by Govt of Karnataka may be relaxed by 10%. Candidates employed in reputed organizations are eligible to apply for part-time research programmes with the approval from their sponsoring organizations.
Application Procedure: Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at www.pes.edu/programs/phd and take the printout of the filled form. The completed application form along with the prescribed fee of Rs.975/- in the form of a Demand Draft and relevant supporting documents (degree certificates, marks cards, etc), THREE letters of recommendations (with at least one each from the undergraduate and post-graduate institutions where
the candidate studied), a statement of purpose and prescribed fee. Additionally, a valid GRE / GATE / CAT / UGC / CSIR-NET/ NBHM score or equivalent is preferred. Completed applications should be sent to: Registrar, PES University, 100 Ft. Ring Road, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru 560085.
Eligibility for the Award of Ph.D. Degree
- Completion of qualifying examination;
- Credit compliance for course work within the stipulated maximum time duration;
- Successful Title defense;
- Credit compliance for research work within the stipulated maximum time duration;
- Compliance with publications requirement;
- Submission of Synopsis;
- Successful defense of Synopsis;
- Submission of Thesis;
- Successful defense of the Thesis in the open viva-voce;
- Submission of final revised Thesis;
- Minimum duration requirement of THREE years;
- No pending disciplinary action; and no dues of any kind to the University.
- Cover letter
- Deg. Certificates–UG/PG, others
- Photocopies of marks cards, transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Recommendation Letters (2 from academic references)
- GRE/GATE/CAT/UGC… scores (optional)
The application enclosing the above documents to be submitted to Registrar.
- Admissions open round the year;
- Processing of applications, quarterly.
- Submit application with enclosures
- Meet Registrar, Dean of Research, domain heads, potential Research Supervisors (i.e., guides)
- Selection by Research Admissions Committee
Candidates with a GRE / GATE / CAT / UGC / CSIR-NET/ NBHM score or equivalent may be given preference
Download Application Form
PESU Application Form