As the world turns digital, we design our programs with an ear to the ground. Every course is designed to address a component of the digital economy. The following specializations in MBA build a strong digital fortress around the core courses.
- Business Analytics specialization will prepare students in Data Analytical skills for which there is intense demand, taught through SAS, Tableau and R
- Capital Markets specialization, offered by very few universities in India, will tap the surge in demand for students skilled in the operations of Financial markets
- Marketing will provide a strong base in digital marketing and e-commerce
- Human Capital trains students to manage and harness human talent in the knowledge economy.
- Finance specialization is rooted in building expertise in the burgeoning financial and banking services
To administer these highly relevant programs, the department is backed by world class facilities. The Analytics center is a cutting-edge lab with software such as IBM’s COGNOS, apart from InfoSphere and SAS, world leaders in Analytics software. A state-of-the-art finance lab complements class-room teaching.
Student learning at its best
Apart from formal academic tutoring, student learning is enhanced by several facilitating stimuli. The specializations catering to individual interests, mapping high growth areas, result in better placement of students. The continuous curriculum updating reflects our desire to remain relevant and one step ahead of the industry. Online education is the way forward and likely to become a major source of learning in the future. MBA@PES integrates Harvard online education with the curriculum, one of the very few universities in India to do so. To bolster teaching, research publications are mandatory for all faculty members. Taking this commitment to foster research and publication in all areas of management further, the department publishes a bi-annual journal, PES Business Review. This journal is indexed in i-scholar, J-gate, EBSCO and ProQuest, making PES Business Review a journal of repute and high standing.
A comprehensive evaluation scheme is adopted to assess students’ performance. The evaluation is continuous and comprehensive. A highly experienced and competent faculty team come alive in the class-room, bringing exceptional teaching experience to students. Finally, PES has one of the most generous scholarships schemes in the country to reward academic excellence. Students with CGPA scores of 8.0 and above and those in the top 10% of the class will receive liberal scholarships.