Career Opportunities for Hospitality Graduates:
As the Indian economy has entered the booming phase, industries are creating innumerable career opportunities as it goes on a growth spree. With a trade encompasses industries like aviation, restaurants, entertainment, catering, multiplexes, shopping malls, and, of course, restaurants, hotels and resorts, now hospitality industry has become one of the largest sectors in terms of creation of jobs.
As per the record of the Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Association of India, there are about 1, 737 star category hotels with 95, 722 room nights available at present. Out of them, 452 hotels have 17, 895 rooms under unapproved category. Further, more than 25,000 hotel rooms are expected to come up in the five & four-star category hotels in the next 3-4 years. In the mid market segment, two & three-star category hotels are also expected to add around 75,000 rooms in the same period. Besides, a great number of non-star category hotels & restaurants are mushrooming all over the country. As a result, hospitality majors are making beeline to set up resorts in picturesque locales across the country.
Global growth and development of tourism having opened up innumerable opening, graduates can look forward for bright career opportunities to get absorbed as:
1. Management Trainees in Hotel, retail and Allied Industry
2. Hospitality Executives
3. Kitchen Management/House and Institutional Catering Supervisors/Assistants
4. Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes
5. Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
6. Catering Officers in Cruise lines/Ships
7. Marketing/Sales Executives in Hotel/Multinational Companies
8. Customer Service Executives in Banking /Insurance and other Service Sectors
9. Managers/Supervisors in Tourism Development Corporations
10. Entrepreneurship opportunities and many more.